Regulatory and Policy Experts, such as FDA’s Tim Stenzel, MD, PhD, to Lead Plenary Keynote Session
WASHINGTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#Biomarkers–How will important reform initiatives, such as the VALID Act, affect the transformation of “diagnostics driven” precision medicine?
Regulatory and policy experts will share the latest milestones and projections during the Plenary Keynote Session at the Next Generation Dx Summit, August 20-22, 2019 in Washington, DC. The annual conference will unite the global diagnostics community—with 800+ biopharmaceutical executives, technology professionals, pathologists, and academic/clinical researchers engaging in collaboration.
The August 21 Plenary Session will include:
- FDA Updates: Now and Looking to the Future, led by Tim Stenzel, MD, PhD, Director, Office of In Vitro Diagnostics and Radiological Health, Center for Devices and Radiological Health at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Session Chairperson Charles Mathews, Principal, ClearView Healthcare Partners, will introduce him during opening remarks.
Proposals and Solutions for Diagnostic Reform Including Oversight of Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs) will be a panel discussion co-organized with the Personalized Medicine Coalition. Panelists will tackle several topics—such as how stakeholders are influencing Congressional activity on the Verifying Accurate Leading-edge IVCT Development (VALID) Act. Joining the panel will be:
- Julie Khani, MPA, President, American Clinical Laboratory Association (ACLA)
- Donald E. Horton, Jr., Senior Vice President, Global Government Relations & Public Policy, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Susan Van Meter, Executive Director, AdvaMedDx
- Tara Burke, PhD, Senior Director, Public Policy & Advocacy, Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP)
- Laura Lasiter, PhD, Science Policy Analyst, Friends of Cancer Research
- Cynthia A. Bens, Senior Vice President, Public Policy, Personalized Medicine Coalition, who will serve as moderator
These speakers will also be available for individual conversations during the Meet the Experts session later that day.
Other Summit highlights include content streams on Point-of-Care (POC) Diagnostics, Infectious Disease, Digital Pathology and AI, Liquid Biopsy, Immuno-Oncology, Companion Diagnostics, Business and Commercialization; POC Special Forums; 60+ cutting-edge exhibitors; poster sessions; opportunities for One-on-One Meetings; and more.
For information, please see nextgenerationdx.com.
About Cambridge Healthtech Institute
Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI), a division of Cambridge Innovation Institute, is the preeminent life science network for leading researchers and business experts from top pharmaceutical, biotech, CROs, academia, and niche service providers. CHI is renowned for its vast conference portfolio held worldwide including PepTalk, Molecular Medicine Tri-Conference, SCOPE Summit, Bio-IT World Conference & Expo, PEGS Summit, Drug Discovery Chemistry, Biomarker World Congress, World Preclinical Congress, The Bioprocessing Summit, Next Generation Dx Summit, Immuno-Oncology Summit, and Discovery on Target. CHI’s portfolio of products include Cambridge Healthtech Institute Conferences, Barnett International, Insight Pharma Reports, Bio-IT World, Clinical Research News and Diagnostics World.
781-449-8456 or email@example.com